12.22.2011

0 101 in 1001 Update

I have always hated New Years resolutions. I used to make them every year and they would last maybe a month and then I would be done with them. I am sure I am not alone in this. A few years ago I started doing the 101 in 1001 instead of making New Years resolutions. I liked this idea because it meant I could make a list of meaningful list of 101 things I wanted to accomplish over 1001 days. More time is exactly what I needed. Also I didn't feel the pressure to make it big things like I typically tried to do with New Years resolutions.

Earlier this year I came to the end of my first 1001 days with somewhat mixed results. I didn't accomplish all 101 items and really I was okay with that. I carried some over as I made my new list of 101 items and made more realistic goals this time around....things that didn't rely as heavily on step 1-3 happening first.

I have completed 5 items already and have 19 others that are in progress.

Blog - There will be some changes in the new year...I am excited about starting them and hope you will be too. Just time for some spring cleaning and a new face lift! I'm also branching out into Facebook so we can all chat a bit more. Look for an announcement on that in the next few weeks!

Family - We have been trying to have more date nights. Whether that means we go out or stay in...it still counts and I love that we are trying to make more time for nights like this.

Fitness/Health - We have a little Healthy Holiday Challenge going on at work right now that is really helping me with a couple of the items in this category. If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed that basically I abruptly stop tweeting around 11:15 every night. That is because one of my goals is to be in bed by 11:15 5 nights a week and because I get points for every night I do this I literally run up the stairs and jump head first into bed at 11:14.

Food - Lots going on with this category. In the new year I will be talking about finding a CSA that works for you and also looking for farmers that you can buy direct from.

Home - We have lots of projects on the go and we are considering our environmental impact on all of them. I will share our success and hilarious failures as we finish them up. 

Okay, so what are some of your goals for 2012? Or are you doing the 101 in 1001? If so link it up so I can see what you are working on!

Related Posts - Check them Out
2010 - A Year in Review
What I love about Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment