7.29.2011

0 Not Exactly A 'Green' Day

This morning my car was in for service so I had to drive Joe's truck. As I was driving into work I realized how high above the ground I was and how it made me feel like all the other cars were little ants that I could squash at any second. Then I started to feel bad. Not for wanting to squash the cars with my big man truck but because I wondered if people were judging me. If they were looking over at me and thinking that I don't care about the environment. I wanted to roll down the window and shout at every car I was passing 'IT'S REALLY GOOD ON GAS!!' 'IT IS BI-FUEL!!'

When I got to work I realized that I had forgotten my compost bin and of course I had lots to compost today. My solution is to start keeping a paper bag in my laptop bag. In a pinch I can use it for that days compost.

Tonight Joe picked up dinner from a local joint that has some of the best burgers and fries. The fries always come in styrofoam and it really bugs me. I keep a pile of old containers in the garage waiting to be taken to the recycling center because in our region they won't pick it up at the curb. I would love to eliminate the need to get these containers in the first place. Tonight I actually thought about what would happen if we just asked them to dump the fries into a big paper bag. Sure it would get greasy and wet but at least I could put it in the compost bin!

Tomorrow will be a better day. After all it is Saturday and that means Farmers Market!

Related Posts - Check them Out
2010 - A Year in Review
Hmmm maybe I DO compost at work

No comments:

Post a Comment