12.31.2010

2 2010 - A Year in Review

2010 sucked donkey balls. I almost wasn't going to write this post but then I looked back and realized how many great things I accomplished this year. So regardless of how much I want to throat punch 2010 I think it is important to reflect on why I have this little corner of the interwebz and why you all stick around to read my ramblings. 2011 is so going to kick 2010's ass.

Accomplishments

I started reviewing green cleaners in the hopes of finding some that actually work and don't cost you your first born.

We changed our eating habits after watching Food Inc. We already had plans to make the changes but watching it really lit a fire under us. We planted our first ever veggie garden even though we did some things ass backwards in the end we yielded a great crop!

I was nominated for a BlogLuxe Award and a Bump Award. I didn't make it to the finals but was seriously stoked to be nominated. I also joined Twitter!

I have been breastfeeding for almost 17 months. I struggled with supply when I returned to work but got great advice from my friends twitter followers. I hate pumping at work but there are times where it makes me laugh my ass off and I am so glad that I am still able to nurse.

We did pretty good at keeping our celebrations this year eco-friendly. Including B's 1st birthday party, my birthday and Christmas. I was even featured on Party Like a Kid!

I completed the 60km Weekend to End Women's Cancers walk.

I went a seriously long time without printing anything.


Area's for Improvement

Bath and cosmetic products are going to be the death of me. I tried to work on it this year and while I had some success it is just so overwhelming and some products did not work at all. I need to refocus on this in 2011 for sure.

I attempted to get rid of some of our cleaners by using a steam mop for our floors. But I hate it. Hate hate hate hate hate it. So I need to figure out what to do because I like the concept just not the one we have.

We have had a home composter for awhile now and we are now part of the city compost program. I looked at our waste that can't be composted or recycled and need to figure out if it can be or if we can otherwise eliminate garbage all together.


Fun Posts

I did a little science experiment to see if the new Sun Chips bags would really biodegrade as promised. I was not disappointed. Although I have not done the final verdict on the one I buried in the garden....mental note to do that when the ground thaws.

I was invited to a local veal farm to learn about their process and their environmental initiatives. I went in thinking they wouldn't sway me from my typical environmentalist stance. I was wrong.

Some insane products made their way onto the market and I have no clue how. Like the EZ Cracker and Steri-Bottle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I am stopping by from Sprout's Green family blog hop.
    I'm glad I found your blog. I am your new follower.

    I blog about home-spa, natural beauty/health/aromatherapy/fitness/make your own products etc. I am all into living non-toxic naturally and consume less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice "year in review" More power to your blog. Thanks for the lessons that I learned, from your blog. More power to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete